About Guardion Health Sciences
Guardion Health Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHSI), is a specialty health sciences company that develops medical foods and medical devices in the ocular health space and develops nutraceutical products that the Company believes provide supportive health benefits to consumers. Located in San Diego, the company combines targeted nutrition with innovative, evidence-based diagnostic technology. Guardion boasts one of the most impressive Scientific and Medical Advisory Boards in the world and is led by seasoned business executives with many years of experience. This combination of expertise and scientific knowledge has catapulted Guardion into a leadership position within the eye care industry and the nutrition marketplace.
Guardion owns a number of, industry-leading proprietary technologies and novel treatments. The most notable include:
- Lumega-Z, the only micronized lipid-base nutritional formulation designed to restore and maintain the condition of a depleted macular pigment. This unique delivery platform ensures the highest level of absorption as well as rapid patient response to treatment.
- GlaucoCetin, the first regulated vision-specific Medical Food designed to support and protect the mitochondrial function of optic nerve cells in patients with glaucoma.
- The Mapcat, which is the most repeatable and accurate measuring technology for the MPOD (macular pigment optical density). Mapcat is now protected by patents in the United States and Europe.
- VectorVision is the most widely used and respected clinical contrast sensitivity test. Next generation VectorVision product, the CSV-2000, has two patents protecting proprietary methodologies for the standardization of vision testing.
- Copyright protection for the presentation format and methodologies of the VectorVision contrast sensitivity test.
Guardion uses only the highest quality ingredients in its products. The Medical Food formulas are precisely tailored to provide nutritional support for a specific disease or condition based on published scientific data. Medical Foods must be recommended and administered under the supervision of a physician or professional healthcare provider. The nutraceutical formulas are also based on proven scientific research data for the individual ingredients in each formula.
To learn more about our Guardion Health Sciences, visit Guardion Health Sciences.com.