How soon can I expect Lumega-Z to start working?
Contrast sensitivity is your ability to distinguish the foreground from the background. If you have low contrast sensitivity, you may have problems with night driving, including difficulty seeing pedestrians walking alongside poorly lit streets. Clinical research data shows a significant improvement in contrast sensitivity for patients who use Lumega-Z in as little as 3 months.2)
What in Lumega Z’s special formula helps restore my macular pigment?
Lumega-Z is the only vision-specific medical food that contains all three macular carotenoids –– the same three macular pigments (lutein, zeaxanthin, and meso- zeaxanthin) found in the eye. Lumega-Z has been shown to increase macular pigment density by up to 30% in patients, after only 3 to 6 months of treatment.3)
How do I use Lumega-Z?
Lumega-Z is an easy-to-drink liquid with higher bioavailability than gel capsules or pills, so more nutrients are absorbed by the body. Its unique proprietary micro-lipid formulation has been proven to generate three to four times higher absorption than the leading eye supplement after 12 weeks of use.4)
You can easily mix the tasty liquid with water, juice or your beverage of choice. It’s free from sugar, gluten, dairy and artificial colors, so it’s safe for people with certain food sensitivities or intolerances.
Will I really see improvements?
Patients with a healthy and robust macular pigment have been shown in studies to have improved contrast sensitivity and less glare disability.5) 6) These improvements translate directly to being able to see better under real-world conditions. Those with vision-intensive hobbies or occupations can enhance their visual performance by increasing the macular pigment. Lumega-Z can build up the macular pigment and improve real-world visual performance.
Who created Lumega-Z?
Lumega-Z was developed by a team of internationally-acclaimed vision scientists and biochemists who have studied the macula and retinal health for more than 40 years. The product has been tested in numerous clinical studies related to vision and macular pigment density. The formula has been successfully used in clinics throughout the United States since 2012. The people of Guardion Health Sciences, the maker of Lumega-Z, are regarded as “The Macular Pigment Specialists.” Guardion is a world leader in the restoration and maintenance of a healthy macular pigment.
What is the macular pigment anyway?
The macular pigment is a thin layer of yellow pigment that lies right in front of the macula. The macula is the very central part of the retina responsible for fine-detail vision and is the part of the eye that becomes diseased in patients with macular degeneration. A thinning macular pigment is considered a risk factor for age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and other vision problems.7)
The macular pigment is made up of three specific carotenoids that protect the macula in two ways: 8) 9)
First: The carotenoids that make up the macular pigment block and absorb the harmful UV radiation that damages the eye. Excessive exposure to UV radiation can lead to macular degeneration.
Second: The carotenoids that make up the macular pigment provide protection from harmful oxidative damage in the macula and throughout the retina.
Need more Answers?Call us at (833)-421-9900
SEE A DIFFERENCE IN AS LITTLE AS 3 MONTHS
- Restore your macular pigment
- Improve your vision
- Feel good about driving at night
- Davey, Pinakin G, Henderson, Thomas, et al. Visual Function and Macular Carotenoid Changes in Eyes with Retinal Drusen-An Open Label Randomized Controlled Trial to Compare a Micronized Lipid-Based Carotenoid Liquid Supplementation and AREDS-2 Formula. Nutrients 2020, 12, 3721: The 11 th sentence of the abstract specifically states: “The LM group displayed a positive linear trend with treatment time in CSF (p after just three months of supplementation.” LM = Treatment with Lumega-Z. CSF = Contrast Sensitivity Function.
- In case reports on file at Guardion Health Sciences, patients have been shown to increase macular pigment density by up to 30%, after only 3 to 6 months of treatment. An example of one such case report is shown below. The macular pigment density of this patient, or MPOD, increased from 479 to 632 after 6 months of treatment – a 31.9% Improvement in MPOD.
- Bone, Richard A. et al. Efficacy of Commercially Available Nutritional Supplements: Analysis of Serum Uptake, Macular Pigment Optical Density and Visual Function Response. Nutrients 2020, 12, 1321: Last Sentence of Abstract specifically states: “Despite only a 2.3-fold higher carotenoid concentration than PV, LM supplementation provides approximately 3–4-fold higher absorption, which leads to a significant elevation of MPOD levels.”
- Nolan, John M., et al. Enrichment of Macular Pigment Enhances Contrast Sensitivity in Subjects Free of Retinal Disease: Central Retinal Enrichment Supplementation Trials - Report 1. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science June 2016, Vol. 57, 3429-3439. The results section of the abstract states: “Compared to placebo, statistically significant improvements from baseline CS were detected at 6 (P = 0.002) and 1.2 (P = 0.004) cpd in the active group. Additionally, improvements in CS were commensurate with the observed increases in retinal concentrations of these carotenoids (r = 0.342, P = 0.002 at 6 cpd).” CS = Contrast Sensitivity
- Stringham, James, et al. Macular carotenoid supplementation improves disability glare performance and dynamics of photostress recovery. Eye and Vision.2016, 3: The first sentence of the abstract results section states: “MPOD for subjects in both supplementation groups increased significantly versus placebo at both 6- and 12-month visits (p thresholds improved significantly from baseline compared to placebo at 6- and 12-month visits (p MPOD = Macular Pigment Optical Dentistry, PSR = Photostress Recovery, DG = Disability Glare.
- Arunkumar, R, et al. What do we know about the macular pigment in AMD: the past, the present and the future. Eye, 2018, 32(5), 992-1004: Sixth sentence of the abstract states: “Epidemiological studies have supported this by showing that patients with lower concentrations of serum carotenoids and macular pigment optical density (MPOD) measurements are at a higher risk of developing AMD.”
- Bernstein, PS, et al. Lutein, zeaxanthin, and meso-zeaxanthin: The basic and clinical science underlying carotenoid-based nutrition interventions against ocular disease. Pro Retina Eye Res, 2016: 50, 34-66: First sentence of the abstract states: “The human macula uniquely concentrates three carotenoids: lutein, zeaxanthin and meso-zeaxanthin.” Figure Five, describes protective nature of the retinal carotenoids as an absorber of harmful light and as an antioxidant reacting with reactive oxygen species (ROS).
- Arunkumar, R, et al. What do we know about the macular pigment in AMD: the past, the present and the future. Eye, 2018, 32(5), 992-1004: Fourth sentence of the abstract states: “MP serves an ocular protective role through its ability to filter phototoxic blue light radiation and also via its antioxidant activity.” MP = Macular Pigment